Join us for our 10th Annual Benefit for AIDS Project of Southern Vermont…NOW Through July 15!
This year features a new ONLINE-ONLY FORMAT. There will NOT be a Garden Party as in past years; In its place is an ONLINE BENEFIT with a Grand Prize Raffle Drawing for a Deluxe “Discover Gay Vermont” Weekend for Two – a $1,500 value – plus the ever-popular CHINESE AUCTION with over $10,000 in great prizes! (see below!)
We have transitioned to this new online-only Benefit format to allow more people to participate and raise more funds for AIDS Project of Southern Vermont.
To maximize proceeds, the online Benefit & Chinese Auction will run now through July 15…winners will be selected on July 16 and notified by email. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Proceeds are donated to AIDS Project of Southern Vermont (APSV) who provides services to people living with HIV/AIDS & their families in Windham, Bennington and southern Windsor counties. APSV’s prevention program joins the power of social networks with the drive to find people who do not yet know they are HIV-positive, to offer them HIV testing and counseling, to help connect them to care – and to make sure they have access to medication and support!
- APSV’s Prevention Program provides HIV and Hepatitis C testing; one-on-one motivational sessions focusing on setting personal health goals and problem solving for individuals at highest risk for contracting HIV; Syringe Services Program and educational workshops.
- APSV’s Food Program, in partnership with the Vermont Foodbank and local faith communities, distributes frozen meats and vegetables, dairy, fresh local produce, non-perishable items and household items to HIV+ individuals and their immediate family members.
- APSV’s Services/Medical Case Management Program helps HIV+ clients with accessing resources (community, social services, medical), finding appropriate health care (including substance abuse and mental health resources), finding safe housing, problem-solving, meeting the needs of daily living, financial assistance, and transportation to medical appointments.
Unfortunately, APSV’s current funding is at risk as Federal HIV/AIDS funding has been changing dramatically over the last few years, in ways that do not benefit our rural communities. APSV is a highly deserving organization that performs stellar work and less than 17% of funding goes to APSV’s general operating budget – all of which is needed to offer comprehensive services in both prevention and care! Click here for more information about AIDS Project of Southern Vermont and to learn how you can make a difference by supporting this event.
HERE’S HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
ENTER TO WIN A FABULOUS “DISCOVER GAY VERMONT” WEEKEND FOR TWO, A $1,500 VALUE!
- With your suggested $35 donation you’ll be automatically entered into a Grand Prize Raffle Drawing for a Deluxe “DISCOVER GAY VERMONT” WEEKEND FOR TWO, including lodging, gourmet meals on the town, specialty food & distillery tastings, 2 “Rock River Survival Kits”, fun activities and adventures, a Deluxe Vermont Gift Basket that features bodycare & specialty food items, Aunt Sadie’s candles and more…a $1,500 value!
- If you cannot afford the suggested $35 donation, please pay whatever you are able to.
GET A FREE “ROCK RIVER SURVIVAL KIT”!
- Donate $100 or more and you’ll also receive a FREE “Rock River Survival Kit” (insulated cooler bag, stainless steel water bottle, Frog Meadow AFTER Moisturizer, condoms & lube), a $55 value, as our thanks to you!
BUY TICKETS FOR OVER $10,000 WORTH OF GOODS & SERVICES TO BE WON BY CHINESE AUCTION*!
- A Chinese Auction* is a combination of a raffle and an auction! When you purchase auction tickets, you get to pick the items you would most like to win!
- Tickets are available for $2, $5, and $10 for more than 35 items valued from $75 to $900…over $10,000 worth of valuable goods and services!
Here’s how the Chinese Auction* works:
1. There are over 35 different and exciting prizes to bid on, worth from $75 to over $900!
2. Chinese Auction* Prizes are available for bidding NOW through July 15! Go to the page of an item you’re interested in winning to buy a ticket. Each item is noted below or Click here to view all Chinese Auction* Prizes!
3. Choose how many tickets you’d like to buy for an item. Each ticket will go into a “hat”. The winner will be chosen by a random draw of one ticket from the “hat” for that item. The more tickets you buy the greater the chance you will win your item!
4. On July 16 winners will be drawn for each of the auction items and the winners will be notified by email. Prizes will be mailed, shipped or we will coordinate pickup for larger prizes.
That’s it! Good Luck! (see below for a detailed explanation of the term “Chinese Auction” as well as the benign origin of the term)
You can buy Chinese Auction* tickets online with a credit card or pay by check. Click here to download and print a form to buy Chinese Auction tickets by check
Chinese Auction* Prizes include:
- Original paintings that celebrate the male form;
- Vermont Adirondack furniture;
- Travel, lodging, restaurant and retail gift certificates;
- VIP Tickets to Conan O’Brien TV Show;
- Wicked-Hot Autographed Davey Wavey Memorabilia;
- Music & Theatre company season passes;
- Winter Rendezvous Gay ski week, gay camping and gay ski club memberships;
- Glass-blowing and flying trapeze lessons;
- Gourmet gift baskets and gluten-free pizzas;
- Massage & acupuncture treatments;
- Yoga classes, breathwork sessions, men’s facials;
- Spiritual & sexual educational enhancement DVDs;
- Professional coaching services…and even more!
So please be a sport….have fun and buy tickets to support AIDS Project of Southern Vermont who provides services to people living with HIV/AIDS & their families in Windham, Bennington and southern Windsor counties…Thank You!
Click the links below for over 35 exciting Chinese Auction* Prizes!
Event Proudly Sponsored by:
*A Chinese Auction is a combination of a raffle and an auction that is typically featured at charity, church festival and numerous other events. Can also be known as penny social, penny sale, tricky tray or pick-a-prize according to local custom.
The difference between a Raffle and a Chinese Auction is that in a raffle with multiple prizes, there is one “hat” from which names are drawn, but in a Chinese Auction each prize has its own “hat”. This allows ticket buyers to choose which prize to focus on, as opposed to having a first, second, third, etc. prize.
In a Chinese Auction, bidders are not prospective buyers (as in the conventional English auction). Instead, they buy tickets, which are chances to win items. The tickets themselves are often inexpensive and bidders may buy hundreds of these tickets. Bidders buy as many tickets as they like, and bid them on any item(s) they want by placing one or more ticket in the “hat” beside the item(s) they are trying to win. At the conclusion of bidding, one winning ticket is drawn from the “hat” beside each item, and the item is given to the owner of that ticket.
A bidder may increase the chance of winning by buying and bidding more tickets on a specific item. Although there is generally no limit to the number of tickets a given individual may bid on a specific item, the chance of winning depends on the total number of tickets bid by all individuals.
It is unclear whether this type of auction actually originates in China; it is much more likely that the term derives from “chance auction,” which is also another name for this type of auction. The term “Chinese” may have been used in this case to convey that this type of auction was exotic, unusual, mysterious or intriguing.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.