Give yourself the nourishing gifts of touch, taoism and tantra! You’ll connect with other men who enjoy and share the desire to learn massage skills and new ways to express themselves with touch. This 3-day program for the non-professional “massage-curious” man gives you time to go more deeply into the wonderful world of touch and allows more time to practice what you’ve learned. The relaxed pace also allows for creating deeper connections with the other retreat participants!
We all can experience more intimacy with conscious and intentional touch guided by Tantra principles that call us to be open, inquisitive and experience our lives to the fullest in each moment. How we do this is by exploring life in community of like-minded men, learning massage techniques together, sharing meals, evenings and lodging communally. Movement and meditation practices focus our energy in every workshop session. We’ll create create meaningful connections using touch and exploring who we are outside of our daily routines. We let the stress go as we enjoy each others’ touch, support and camaraderie!
This all-new and updated, 3-day Heart-Centered Touch Workshop will give you plenty of time to discover talents you didn’t even know you had! Healthy sensual and erotic massage will be explored in a safe and supportive environment – guided and connected to heart and spirit. Tantra & Taoism weave together beautifully as two practices of the heart that we as men can benefit greatly from.
Taoist practices empower us to inhabit our bodies more fully and let go into the wonderful nourishing experience of men sharing touch, meals, outdoor activities as well as evening reflections/discussion. The energetic focus will be on the late Spring and early Summer energy channels that we use as our guidelines of practice. Taoists were keen observers of nature and created seasonal practices to enhance ourselves in nature. There is no better place to do this than Frog Meadow’s oasis-like setting in the late spring!
We will learn basic eastern Meridian Theory and spend the days practicing touch with each other on massage tables. The practices are intended to illuminate the body/mind/spirit using the ancient Taoist and Tantric techniques and making them relevant to our lives today. Eros is embraced in both of theses ancient practices and we will learn how to harness and amplify the energy of the erotic in order to circulate that vital energy to nourish us as men. This is so important in the times we live in!
You’ll return home from this retreat with new skills and confidence to share touch with men in your circle. You’ll feel more relaxed – and invigorated – by the community learning and sharing together. You’ll feel more centered and grounded from these easy-to-learn practices.
Join Adam and learn how these embodied practices deeply effect on our well-being, our sense of balance in the body and of openhearted self-expression! According to Adam, “Learning to connect through touch is a wonderful way to manifest change in our lives. Change that is real, positive and part of our evolution as men”.
The Heart-Centered Touch massage retreat is ideal for couples wanting to add compassionate, sensual touch to their relationships, or singles seeking to connect with men in new ways. Throughout the long weekend we will rotate partners so that everyone will have the opportunity to work with each other, both giving & receiving touch. The unique format of this all-inclusive retreat will allow plenty of time for all participants to practice and to relax and get acquainted. You do not need prior experience or have attended any previous workshops of this kind. The workshop material is meant to stand alone in learning and practice.
We don’t care if you are young or old, straight or gay, black or white, sculpted or sagging. Our massage workshops are open to all kinds of men: younger…older…buff…and not so buff….we always get a mix. The idea is to be open to all types of men with the common thread being the desire to learn and share the experience of male touch. We take pride in our respectful, supportive, and friendly atmosphere. We are refreshingly free of “attitude”.
Please join us! The retreat is limited to 14 men. No prior experience with massage is necessary, and the retreat is open to both singles and couples. See below for complete details, rates and to register!
About the Retreat Facilitator:
Adam Brown is a bodyworker and acupuncturist in New York City. He has 20+ years of private client and group facilitation creating workshops all over the country focused on empowering men to embody their authenticity to embrace a model of embodied and connected in life’s pursuits. For the last 10 years, Adam has been leading a weekly massage group for men in New York City called Heart Centered Touch for Men. In groups and individual work, Adam blends his Tantra & Taoist training to guide men in clear
communication and in experiencing the body’s energy as a source of pleasure and as a path to higher consciousness. You’ll find more about Adam’s work at www.heart-centeredtouch.com
Adam facilitates frequent men’s massage retreats at Frog Meadow. Adam is wonderful & talented massage therapist as well as a warm & engaging facilitator. Many of his retreat participants have returned multiple times to freshen and enhance what they have learned and to share it with others!
About The Workshop/Retreat Setting at Frog Meadow:
- The Setting: The unique and magical setting of Frog Meadow’s 63-acres enhances your workshop and retreat experience. It is a sanctuary where men celebrate, transform and integrate body and mind and spirit.
- Lodging: Our five unique rooms and suites provide comfortable accommodations for single men and couples. To simplify room selection, we typically assign single guys a spot in the Deluxe Barn Suite which sleeps 4 comfortably and offer other lodging options as available. We offer a simple and all-inclusive flat-rate pricing for most workshops that includes programs fees, lodging and meals. As a result, workshop/retreat program pricing is not dependent on room selection.
- Meals: During your workshop/retreat stay with us, meals are served family-style. Much of the food we serve comes from our gardens or is sourced locally. Eggs, bread, yogurt, cheese, apple cider and many other items served at Frog Meadow are produced onsite or from the area, provided by local farms.
- Workshop/Retreat Space: Workshops and retreats are held in a large, private, high-ceiling space we call the “Retreat Dojo” on the Frog Meadow property, within steps of the main house.
The $850 tuition for the Heart-Centered Massage Retreat
is all-inclusive and includes all program fees & activities,
3 night’s lodging, home-cooked “from-scratch” meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 3 dinners),
exclusive use of the property & amenities at Frog Meadow.
See “Retreat Rates & Registration” &
“Important Information” below for full details!
Retreat Rates & Registration
The rate for the 3-day, all-inclusive Heart-Centered Touch Retreat is $850 per-person (plus $60.75 VT rooms & meals tax) and includes program tuition, Friday, Saturday & Sunday lodging, Friday, Saturday & Sunday dinners, Saturday, Sunday & Monday breakfast, lunches & snacks, as well as full use of the amenities at Frog Meadow including 63-acre nature trail network, gym & wood-fired hot tub. Retreat Rates are per-person, double-occupancy (2 per room except for Deluxe Barn Suite which is Quad occupancy).
Note that due to the popularity of Adam Brown’s Heart-Centered Touch workshops, we expect this program to fully book up in advance, so if you’re interested please contact us by phone (802.365.7242) or book online using our website’s availability calendar, select the dates of May 11-13 and the workshop will appear as a booking option. Select the appropriate option (booking for one or two persons) and you will be guided through the booking process.
Choose from five different room options: Room allocation will be made in the order of registration (first come, first-served), so be sure to register early to ensure your room preference!
|Room Options||Occupancy||Bed / Bath||Status|
|Frog Meadow Suite||Double||King / Private||Booked|
|Deluxe Barn Suite||Quad||2 Queen / Private||Booked|
|North Room||Double||King / Shared||Booked|
|South Room||Double||King / Shared||Booked|
|Brook Cottage||Double||Queen / Shared||Booked|
*Note: the Studio cannot be booked online and must be booked by phone only
Retreat Start/End Times
- Friday May 11: Arrive anytime after 4PM; Welcome Reception, Opening Circle & Dinner begin at 6PM
- Monday May 14: Closing Circle & Lunch conclude at 2PM
Two ways to register:
- Book by Phone: Refer to the table above for room amenities and availability. Call 877.365.7242 and we will gladly book your reservation by phone and answer any questions you may have.
- Book Online: Refer to the table above for room availability and amenities. Using our Online Availability Calendar, select the available room of your choice for the nights of May 11-14, 2018. You will then be guided through the registration process for the Heart-Centered Touch Retreat. Choose from and select the appropriate package for either one or two persons.
- At the time of your registration, your credit/debit card (mastercard or visa) will be charged $455.38 (50% of the Program Rate plus VT tax); the remaining balance will be charged to the card on file six weeks prior to the scheduled retreat date.
- Rates are per-person, double occupancy (2 per room except for Deluxe Barn Suite which is Quad occupancy), and do not include 9% VT lodging tax. Single participants will be paired up with other singles on a first come, first served basis, based on room availability.
- Enrollment is limited to 14 participants and room allocation will be made in the order of registration (first come, first-served), so be sure to register early to ensure your room preference. Click here for specific room descriptions, amenities and images.
- Arrive anytime after 4.00 PM on Friday; the retreat will begin at 6.00 PM with a welcome reception, opening circle and dinner.
- The retreat will end at approximately 2.00 PM on Sunday, following a closing circle and lunch.
- Please let us know at time of registration if you have any special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Frog Meadow does not have a liquor license. Please feel free to bring an adult beverage of your choice to enjoy with your evening meal, or we will coordinate pickup nearby on your behalf.
- The workshop facilitator is not a psychotherapist and this workshop is not intended as psychotherapy or as a replacement for therapy.
- Cancellations: For cancellations more than six weeks prior to the retreat, all fees will be refunded, less a 15% administration charge. For cancellations after that time, no fees will be refunded unless a replacement participant is found (and will be subject to a 15% administration charge).
- Supplemental Lodging & Massages: You may book additional lodging nights preceding or following the workshop to maximally relax before the workshop, or decompress and integrate what you have learned afterwards, to schedule a 60 or 90-minute massage, and to fully experience Frog Meadow’s restorative tranquility.
- Waiting List: In the event of a cancellation, we will keep a waiting list prioritized in a first-come, first-served basis and will contact you should a participant need to cancel.
If you have any questions about Frog Meadow click here.
Travelling to Frog Meadow
- Frog Meadow is located off Interstate 91 in southeast Vermont, approximately 10 miles north of Brattleboro VT. At the time of your registration we will provide detailed directions do reach us.
- We are approximately 2.5 hours from Boston and 4 hours from New York City.
- The closest airports are Hartford (Bradley) and Boston (Logan).
- There is daily Amtrak train service to nearby Brattleboro from NYC Penn Station, Newark NY, Philadelphia and Washington DC. If you arrive via Amtrak we will gladly coordinate your transfers to/from Frog Meadow.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.