Join us for our annual 3-day, 3-night Late Spring Yoga & Wellness Weekend Retreat! Its a great way to take a break, r-e-l-a-x and re-connect with yourself over the long Memorial Day Weekend. Our Guest Yogi, Colby Smith will be with us for 4 days of yoga, pilates, meditation and massage!
We’ll start the weekend with an Opening Circle, introductions and light breathwork meditation to establish a foundation for the entire weekend. Sessions will be tailored to the group and will incorporate yoga, pilates, meditation and massage techniques – plus you’ll get a 60-minute massage with Dave! You’ll return home energized, renewed and relaxed following 3-days and 3-nights spent detached from the outside world at Frog Meadow’s 63 acres of private paradise!
- Each morning, a yoga session will precede breakfast and will be focused on waking the body with a variety of yoga poses.
- Additional morning and afternoon sessions are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday (see below).
- Sessions will take place unclothed and in a quiet and warm setting.
- Sessions are open and accessible to all men regardless of ability or experience.
- No prior yoga, pilates, meditation or massage experience is necessary.
- You may participate in as many or as few sessions as you like!
- Blocks, straps, and yoga mats are provided for all classes.
Throughout this all-inclusive men’s retreat weekend, you can also relax in our wood-fired hot tub, take advantage of the amenities at Frog Meadow including wood-fired hot tub, swimming pond, on-site hiking trails, the gym or simply relax!
We don’t care if you are young or old, straight or gay, black or white (or blue or green), sculpted or sagging. Our workshops are open to all kinds of men: younger…older…buff…and not so buff….we always get a mix. The idea is to be open to all types of men with the common thread being the desire to learn and share the experience of yoga, pilates, meditation and male touch. We take pride in our respectful, supportive, and friendly atmosphere. We are refreshingly free of “attitude”.
Schedule of classes:
- Friday 7.30-8.30 pm, 60 minutes: There will be an Opening Circle & Introductions (for those in attendance) to share background and interests in the weekend and to establish a foundation to build upon. Very light pranayam (breathwork) meditation.
- Saturday 7:45-9.00 am, 75 minutes: Awake to a more vigorous yoga practice focusing on core strength, balance and flexibility. This class is sure to start your day off to the right foot – leaving you feeling more open, invigorated and ready to embrace the day.
- Saturday 11:15 am-12.15 pm, 60 minutes: We will step back into the self and the body. Colby will lead a mindfulness practice that will focus on self-awareness and self-acceptance. This practice will include partner work and will incorporate a mindful touch practice.
- Saturday 3:30-4.45 pm, 75 minutes: This more gentle practice will be the culmination of the day’s work and will be the perfect end to the day – incorporating the increased openness in the physical body from the morning’s practice as well as the more subtle openness of the heart from the midday practice. This primarily partnered practice will set a perfect tone to enjoy the evening’s festivities – providing an increased sense of groundedness and compassion for yourself and those around you.
- Sunday, 7.45-9.00 am, 75 minutes: Start the day off right again to this higher energy physical practice. Sunday’s practice will dive deeper into the body – focusing again on core strength but also incorporating work on arm balances, inversions and backbends.
- Sunday, 11:15 am-1.15 pm, 120 minutes: We will again step back into the mind/body connection. Colby will teach some of the basic principles of yoga and the spirit. This practice will provide an opportunity to explore what motivates us and how we can begin the process of truly examining ourselves and the way in which we want to be in the world. This practice will include pranayam (breathwork) and meditation and is appropriate and accessible to all.
- Sunday, 3:30-5.00 pm, 90 minutes: This session will again be a more gentle practice. This class will explore massage techniques and afford us an opportunity to incorporate the day’s teachings in a very physical way… to explore the way that can nurture and support both ourselves and those around us.
- Monday 7:45-9.00 am, 75 minutes: Again wake to a more vigorous yoga practice focusing on core strength, balance and flexibility, followed by a Closing circle involving wrap-up and partner meditation.
About the Retreat Facilitator
Colby Smith began his journey into the yoga practice taking Ashtanga classes in Charlottesville, VA. Upon moving to the northeast to go back to law school, he fell out of his yoga practice, and, in many ways, out of his body. He returned to yoga in 2007 with more than a few extra pounds to lose. Through work and dedication, he lost the weight, completed 2 full Ironman competitions, and has been practicing vigorously ever since!
Colby has completed a 100 hour Anusara Yoga Immersion at Prasad Yoga in Southampton, PA. He then completed a 100 Hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training with Michelle Synnestvedt also at Prasad. Additional training includes near completion of the DDYT 500 Hour Teacher Training at Dig Yoga in Lambertville, NJ and ongoing training at Dhuni Yoga in PA. In addition to his yoga training, Colby received his Mat and Reformer Pilates Certifications at IM=X Pilates Studios in Manhattan. Colby is also certified to offer Table Treatments using the Yamuna Body Rolling system. Colby is currently apprenticing with Christian de la Huerta to offer Soulful Breathwork, an intense breathwork meditation.
As an avid athlete, Colby understands the mechanisms and workings of the body, particularly the male body. He teaches weekly Men’s Yoga classes in his private studio – Shankara Yoga Studio – in Lambertville, NJ for all levels of men. He strongly believes, though, that the physical practice is just one component and incorporates many styles and modalities into his teaching, including meditation, breathwork, touch practice and partnering. Colby brings a lighthearted approach to all of his teaching…and you will quickly fall under his benign and open-hearted spell!
Note that due to the popularity of Colby’s workshops, we expect this program to fully book up in advance, so if you’re interested please contact us by phone (802.365.7242) or book online using our website’s availability calendar, select the dates of May 25-27 and the workshop will appear as a booking option. Select the appropriate option (booking for one or two persons) and you will be guided through the booking process.
About The Workshop/Retreat Setting at Frog Meadow:
- The Setting: The unique and magical setting of Frog Meadow’s 63-acres enhances your workshop and retreat experience. It is a sanctuary where men celebrate, transform and integrate body and mind and spirit.
- Lodging: Our five unique rooms and suites provide comfortable accommodations for single men and couples. We offer a simple and all-inclusive flat-rate pricing for most workshops that includes programs fees, lodging and meals. As a result, workshop/retreat program pricing is not dependent on room selection.
- Meals: During your workshop/retreat stay with us, breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily, family-style. Much of the food we serve comes from our gardens or is sourced locally. Eggs, bread, yogurt, cheese, apple cider and many other items served at Frog Meadow are produced onsite or from the area, provided by local farms.
- Workshop/Retreat Space: Workshops and retreats are held in a large, private, high-ceiling space we call the “Retreat Dojo” on the Frog Meadow property, within steps of the main house.
Retreat Rates & Registration
The rate for the 3-day, 3-night all-inclusive Spring Yoga & Wellness Weekend is $850 per-person (plus $60.75 VT rooms & meals tax) and includes Friday, Saturday & Sunday lodging, all yoga classes, plus 60-Minute massage with Dave, mid-day snacks Saturday & Sunday, Saturday night dinner as well as a complementary Frog Meadow bodycare sampler, as well as full use of the amenities at Frog Meadow including 63-acre nature trail network, gym & wood-fired hot tub. Spring Yoga & Wellness Weekend Retreat Rates are per-person, double-occupancy (2 per room except for Deluxe Barn Suite which is Quad occupancy).
|Room Options||Occupancy||Bed Size||Bathroom||Status|
|Frog Meadow Suite||Double||King||private||Booked|
|Deluxe Barn Suite||Quad||Queen (2)||private||Available!|
Retreat Start/End Times
- Friday May 25: Arrive anytime after 3PM; Welcome Reception, Opening Circle & Dinner begin at 6PM
- Monday May 28: Closing Circle & Breakfast conclude at 11AM
Two ways to register:
- Book by Phone: Refer to the table above for room amenities and availability. Call 877.365.7242 and we will gladly book your reservation by phone and answer any questions you may have.
- Book Online: Refer to the table above for room availability and amenities. Click on the link below and select the available room of your choice for the nights of May 25-27, 2018. You will then be guided through the registration process for the Yoga/Wellness Weekend Retreat. Choose from and select the appropriate package for either one or two persons.
- Enrollment is limited to 12 participants and room allocation will be made in the order of registration (first come, first-served), so be sure to register early to ensure your room preference. Single participants will be paired up with other singles on a first come, first served basis, based on room availability.We will make every effort to accommodate your room request however we may need to re-assign rooms to accommodate couples or those traveling together. If this becomes necessary, we will contact you prior to your arrival. Click here for specific room descriptions, amenities and images.
- Arrive anytime after 3.00 PM on Friday; the retreat will begin at 7.30 PM with an opening circle and introductions.
- The retreat will end at approximately 11.00 AM on Sunday, following a closing circle and breakfast.
- Please let us know at time of registration if you have any special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Frog Meadow does not have a liquor license. Please feel free to bring an adult beverage of your choice to enjoy with your evening meal, or we will coordinate pickup nearby on your behalf.
- Cancellations: For cancellations more than six weeks prior to the retreat, all fees will be refunded, less a 15% of total program fee administration charge. For cancellations after that time, no fees will be refunded unless a replacement participant is found (and will be subject to a 15% administration charge).
- Supplemental Lodging & Massages: You may book additional lodging nights preceding or following the workshop to maximally relax before the workshop, or decompress and integrate what you have learned afterwards, to schedule an additional 60-minute massage, and to fully experience Frog Meadow’s restorative tranquility.
- Waiting List: In the event of a cancellation, we will keep a waiting list prioritized in a first-come, first-served basis and will contact you should a participant need to cancel.
If you have any questions about Frog Meadow click here.
Travelling to Frog Meadow
- Frog Meadow is located off Interstate 91 in southeast Vermont, approximately 10 miles north of Brattleboro VT. At the time of your registration we will provide detailed directions do reach us.
- We are approximately 2.5 hours from Boston and 4 hours from New York City.
- The closest airports are Hartford (Bradley) and Boston (Logan).
- There is daily Amtrak train service to nearby Brattleboro from NYC Penn Station, Newark NY, Philadelphia and Washington DC. If you arrive via Amtrak we will gladly coordinate your transfers to/from Frog Meadow.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.
Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.