Please be sure to review the important information below about getting yourself to Frog Meadow...Thanks!
Why is there no physical address listed and why are there no directions to Frog Meadow on your web site?
There are several reasons why we do not publish directions directly to Frog Meadow on our web site:
- We Do Not Encourage Unscheduled “Drop-Ins”. We are a small lodging establishment and this is our home. We may be out on a bike ride or cross-country skiing, doing errands, out doing trailwork, etc.
- Guest Privacy & Security: For the privacy, comfort and security of our guests we prefer to know in advance when visitors will be arriving.
- Faulty GPS Directions due to Closed & Seasonal Country Roads: Google, Mapquest, Yahoo and other smartphone GPS devices typically provide incorrect directions if you use our address.
- Abandoned Roads: Many of the roads in our area are 18th century roads that have been long abandoned but still show as public highways in public records. You will follow the directions, get to a dead end and not have any cell service to call us. In particular do not turn onto Pound Road at any time of the year!
- Seasonally Closed Roads: In winter do not turn onto Steep Way Road, Bruce Brook Road or Grout Pond Road.
After making your reservation you will receive a confirmation email that will provide you with detailed instructions on how to get to Frog Meadow. Our directions are simple and easy to follow!
Is there Cell Phone Service at Frog Meadow?
- If AT&T is your carrier, you’re all set! Otherwise, if you’re lucky you might be able to receive a call, but chances are it will drop out before you’re finished.
- For your convenience:
- We have unlimited long distance on our land line and you are welcome to make calls to the US and Canada.
- The Barn Suite has it’s own phone line and dedicated phone number which also has unlimited long distance to the US and Canada.
Is there WiFi and High Speed Internet at Frog Meadow?
- Yes! For your convenience there is Wi-Fi internet access at Frog Meadow. The download speed is approximately 20 mbps throughout Frog Meadow with the exception of the Brook Cottage (we’re working on that).
How Do I Reach Frog Meadow by Car?
- We’re approximately 2.5 hours from Boston, 3.5 hours from New York City and 2 hours from Hartford, CT.
- After making your reservation you will receive a confirmation email with detailed instructions on how to get to Frog Meadow.
- Our directions are simple and easy to follow. You’ll want to use our directions – NOT GPS – once you’re off the interstate!
What is the Closest Airport to Frog Meadow?
- Bradley International Airport (BDL) near Hartford, CT is super-convenient, about an hour and a half of easy mostly Interstate Highway (I-91) driving to Brattleboro Directions to Newfane from Bradley International Airport.
- Albany International Airport New York (ALB) is about 2 hours from Frog Meadow but the roads are almost entirely secondary two lane country highways and can be difficult to travel, especially in the winter. Directions to Newfane From Albany International Airport
- Logan International Airport Boston (BOS) is about 3 hours From Frog Meadow. The roads are a mix of four lane and two lane highways and during rush hour traffic in the Boston area can be challenging. However depending on where you are coming from the connections to Logan from your originating airport may be much better than to Bradley or Albany, especially if you are coming from the west coast or Europe. Directions to Newfane from Logan International Airport.
Can I Use Public Transportation to get to Frog Meadow?
Yes. There are several options:
- Train: The Vermonter offers daily Amtrak train service that originates in Washington, DC. The Vermonter services Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York City (Penn Station), Connecticut, and Western Massachusetts before arriving in Brattleboro, Vermont which is 12 miles south of Frog Meadow. More information on the Vermonter
- Train and Rental Car Combo: If you are traveling from New York City, you may want to consider taking Metro North from Grand Central Station to New Haven, CT and renting a car there. The rental rates are much lower than in Manhattan and the train will get you past the most difficult traffic coming out of the city. Avis Rent-a-Car is located in the New Haven train station. The New Haven Train Station is at the southern terminus of I-91 with easy access to I-91 to Brattleboro, Vermont, which is 12 miles south of Frog Meadow. Drive time from New Haven to Brattleboro is approximately 2 hours.
- Bus: There are also buses that will get you to Brattleboro from Boston and other points not serviced by train. More information on buses to Brattleboro
- Rental Car: If you are arriving in Brattleboro by bus or train Enterprise Rent-a-Car will pick you up at the train or bus station and take you to their location to complete the paperwork and get you on your way to Frog Meadow. Avis Rent-a-Car is open 7 days a week in Brattleboro and will pick you up too.
How are the Roads in the Winter*?
Roads leading to Frog Meadow are very well maintained by the town of Newfane. The town removes the snow and sands the road right to our driveway. Our driveway is short and level and is plowed by a local maintenance man.
That being said, the road into Frog Meadow is a steady, three-mile incline. If it is actively snowing or if snow is in the forecast we suggest coming in a four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle with snow tires if at all possible. Two-wheel drive with snow tires is the next best choice. Two-wheel drive with all season tires may be fine during dry periods but might not be sufficient even with just a couple of inches of snow *.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will gladly pick you up at the bottom of the hill and bring you to Frog Meadow during snowy weather no matter what you drive and have arranged with the town for a safe and convenient place for our guests to leave their cars.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.
Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.