Join us for our annual 4-day, 3-night Winter Yoga & Wellness Weekend Retreat! Its a great way to take a break, r-e-l-a-x and re-connect with yourself over the long President’s Weekend. Our Guest Yogi, Colby Smith, will be with us for 4 days of yoga, pilates, meditation and massage!
We’ll start the retreat with an Opening Circle, introductions and light breathwork meditation to establish a foundation for the entire weekend. Sessions throughout the 4 days will be tailored to the group and will incorporate yoga, pilates, meditation and massage techniques, You’ll return home energized, renewed and relaxed following 4 days and 3 nights spent detached from the outside world at Frog Meadow’s 63 acres of private paradise!
- Each morning, a yoga session will precede breakfast and will be focused on waking the body with a variety of yoga poses.
- Additional morning and afternoon sessions are scheduled for Saturday, Sunday and Monday (see below).
- Sessions will take place unclothed and in a quiet and warm setting.
- Sessions are open and accessible to all men regardless of ability or experience.
- No prior yoga, pilates, meditation or massage experience is necessary.
- You may participate in as many or as few sessions as you like!
- Blocks, straps, and yoga mats are provided for all classes.
Throughout this all-inclusive men’s retreat weekend, you can also relax in our wood-fired hot tub, take advantage of the amenities at Frog Meadow including on-site snowshoe trails, the gym or simply relax by the fire. Note that snowshoe rentals are available for $10/day for Frog Meadow guests.
We don’t care if you are young or old, straight or gay, black or white (or blue or green), sculpted or sagging. Our workshops are open to all kinds of men: younger…older…buff…and not so buff….we always get a mix. The idea is to be open to all types of men with the common thread being the desire to learn and share the experience of yoga, pilates, meditation and male touch. We take pride in our respectful, supportive, and friendly but non-cruisy atmosphere. We are refreshingly free of “attitude”.
Schedule of classes:
- Friday 7.30-8.30 pm, 60 minutes: There will be an Opening Circle & Introductions (for those in attendance) to share background and interests in the weekend and to establish a foundation to build upon. Very light pranayam (breathwork) meditation.
- Saturday 7:45-9.00 am, 75 minutes: Awake to a more vigorous yoga practice focusing on core strength, balance and flexibility. This class is sure to start your day off to the right foot – leaving you feeling more open, invigorated and ready to embrace the day.
- Saturday 11:15 am-12.15 pm, 60 minutes: We will step back into the self and the body. Colby will lead a mindfulness practice that will focus on self-awareness and self-acceptance. This practice will include partner work and will incorporate a mindful touch practice.
- Saturday 3:30-4.45 pm, 75 minutes: This more gentle practice will be the culmination of the day’s work and will be the perfect end to the day – incorporating the increased openness in the physical body from the morning’s practice as well as the more subtle openness of the heart from the midday practice. This primarily partnered practice will set a perfect tone to enjoy the evening’s festivities – providing an increased sense of groundedness and compassion for yourself and those around you.
- Sunday, 7.45-9.00 am, 75 minutes: Start the day off right again to this higher energy physical practice. Sunday’s practice will dive deeper into the body – focusing again on core strength but also incorporating work on arm balances, inversions and backbends.
- Sunday, 11:15 am-1.15 pm, 120 minutes: We will again step back into the mind/body connection. Colby will teach some of the basic principles of yoga and the spirit. This practice will provide an opportunity to explore what motivates us and how we can begin the process of truly examining ourselves and the way in which we want to be in the world. This practice will include pranayam (breathwork) and meditation and is appropriate and accessible to all.
- Sunday, 3:30-5.00 pm, 90 minutes: This session will again be a more gentle practice. This class will explore massage techniques and afford us an opportunity to incorporate the day’s teachings in a very physical way… to explore the way that can nurture and support both ourselves and those around us.
- Monday 7:45-9.00 am, 75 minutes: Again wake to a more vigorous yoga practice focusing on core strength, balance and flexibility, followed by a Closing circle involving wrap-up and partner meditation.
About the Retreat Facilitator
Colby Smith began his journey into the yoga practice taking Ashtanga classes in Charlottesville, VA. Upon moving to the northeast to go back to law school, he fell out of his yoga practice, and, in many ways, out of his body. He returned to yoga in 2007 with more than a few extra pounds to lose. Through work and dedication, he lost the weight, completed 2 full Ironman competitions, and has been practicing vigorously ever since!
Colby has completed a 100 hour Anusara Yoga Immersion at Prasad Yoga in Southampton, PA. He then completed a 100 Hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training with Michelle Synnestvedt also at Prasad. Additional training includes near completion of the DDYT 500 Hour Teacher Training at Dig Yoga in Lambertville, NJ and ongoing training at Dhuni Yoga in PA. In addition to his yoga training, Colby received his Mat and Reformer Pilates Certifications at IM=X Pilates Studios in Manhattan. Colby is also certified to offer Table Treatments using the Yamuna Body Rolling system. Colby is currently apprenticing with Christian de la Huerta to offer Soulful Breathwork, an intense breathwork meditation.
As an avid athlete, Colby understands the mechanisms and workings of the body, particularly the male body. He teaches weekly Men’s Yoga classes in his private studio in Lambertville, NJ for all levels of men. He strongly believes, though, that the physical practice is just one component and incorporates many styles and modalities into his teaching, including meditation, breathwork, touch practice and partnering. Colby brings a lighthearted approach to all of his teaching.
The $850 tuition for the Winter Yoga & Wellness Weekend
Retreat is all-inclusive and comprises all program fees & activities,
3 night’s lodging, home-cooked “from-scratch” meals, (3 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 3 dinners),
exclusive use of the property & amenities at Frog Meadow.
See “Retreat Rates & Registration” &
“Important Information” below for full details!
Retreat Rates & Registration
The rate for the 4-day, 3-night, all-inclusive Winter Yoga & Wellness Weekend is $850 per-person (plus $60.75 VT rooms & meals tax) and includes program tuition, Friday, Saturday & Sunday lodging, Friday, Saturday & Sunday dinners, Saturday, Sunday & Monday breakfast, Saturday & Sunday lunches, as well as full use of the amenities at Frog Meadow including 63-acre nature trail network, gym & wood-fired hot tub. Retreat Rates are per-person, double-occupancy (2 per room except for Deluxe Barn Suite which is Quad occupancy).
Note that due to the popularity of Colby Smith’s workshops, we expect this program to fully book up in advance, so if you’re interested please contact us by phone (802.365.7242) or book online using our website’s availability calendar, select the dates of February 17-19 and the workshop will appear as a booking option. Select the appropriate option (booking for one or two persons) and you will be guided through the booking process.
Choose from five different room options: Room allocation will be made in the order of registration (first come, first-served), so be sure to register early to request your room preference. We will make every effort to accommodate your room request however we may need to re-assign rooms to accommodate couples or those traveling together. If this becomes necessary, we will contact you prior to your arrival. Click here for specific room descriptions, amenities and images
|Room Options||Occupancy||Bed Size||Bathroom||Status|
|Frog Meadow Suite||Double||King||private||Booked|
|Deluxe Barn Suite||Quad||Queen (2)||private||Booked|
Retreat Start/End Times
- Friday February 16: Arrive anytime after 4PM; Welcome Reception, Opening Circle & Dinner begin at 6PM
- Monday February 19: Closing Circle & Breakfast conclude at 11AM
Two ways to register:
- Book by Phone: Refer to the table above for room amenities and availability. Call 877.365.7242 and we will gladly book your reservation by phone and answer any questions you may have.
- Book Online: Refer to the table above for room availability and amenities. Click on the link below and select the available room of your choice for the nights of February 16-18, 2018. You will then be guided through the registration process for the Winter Yoga/Wellness Weekend Retreat. Choose from and select the appropriate package for either one or two persons.
- At the time of your registration, your credit/debit card (mastercard or visa) will be charged $455.38 (50% of the Program Rate plus VT tax); the remaining balance will be charged to the card on file six weeks prior to the scheduled retreat date.
- Rates are per-person, double occupancy (2 per room except for Deluxe Barn Suite which is Quad occupancy), and do not include 9% VT lodging tax. Single participants will be paired up with other singles on a first come, first served basis, based on room availability.
- Enrollment is limited to 12 participants and room allocation will be made in the order of registration (first come, first-served), so be sure to register early to ensure your room preference. Click here for specific room descriptions, amenities and images.
- Arrive anytime after 4.00 PM on Friday; the retreat will begin at 6.00 PM with a welcome reception, opening circle and dinner buffet
- The retreat will end at approximately 11.00 AM on Sunday, following a closing circle and breakfast.
- Please let us know at time of registration if you have any special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Frog Meadow does not have a liquor license. Please feel free to bring an adult beverage of your choice to enjoy with your evening meal, or we will coordinate pickup nearby on your behalf.
- Cancellations: For cancellations more than six weeks prior to the retreat, all fees will be refunded, less a 15% administration charge. For cancellations after that time, no fees will be refunded unless a replacement participant is found (and will be subject to a 15% administration charge).
- Supplemental Lodging & Massages: You may book additional lodging nights preceding or following the workshop to maximally relax before the workshop, or decompress and integrate what you have learned afterwards, to schedule a 60 or 90-minute massage, and to fully experience Frog Meadow’s restorative tranquility.
- Waiting List: In the event of a cancellation, we will keep a waiting list prioritized in a first-come, first-served basis and will contact you should a participant need to cancel.
If you have any questions about Frog Meadow click here.
Travelling to Frog Meadow
- Frog Meadow is located off Interstate 91 in southeast Vermont, approximately 10 miles north of Brattleboro VT. At the time of your registration we will provide detailed directions do reach us.
- We are approximately 2.5 hours from Boston and 4 hours from New York City.
- The closest airports are Hartford (Bradley) and Boston (Logan).
- There is daily Amtrak train service to nearby Brattleboro from NYC Penn Station, Newark NY, Philadelphia and Washington DC. If you arrive via Amtrak we will gladly coordinate your transfers to/from Frog Meadow.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.
Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.