An Unprecedented Opportunity For the Gay Men at Rock River To Purchase Their Beaches & Trails!
The family that owns the beaches, trails and cruising areas is selling that part of their land, and we have July and August to raise the money needed to purchase and protect this historic gay sanctuary!
– Please share this important information!
– Please consider donating to this important cause by clicking on the GoFundMe link or by going directly to the Rock River Preservation website
The property will be deeded as conservation land, which restricts it from ever being developed.
- The purchase is not about changing access or parking; it’s not about creating a campground. It’s only about preserving the Rock River experience as it has been for generations. No special privileges will be gained by anyone as a result of this purchase.
- Size: 20-plus acres, including the popular gay beaches and the paths above them.
- Fundraising Goal: $85,000, which includes the $75,000 purchase price plus closing costs and contingencies.
- Leadership donors have already pledged more than $60,000, so we need to raise under $25,000 in July & August!
- Fundraising Deadline: September 15 for an October 15 closing.
Rock River Preservation (RRP) formed as a nonprofit organization in 2005 for the purpose of ensuring public access to recreation areas along the Rock River. In 2007, RRP purchased 4.5 acres stretching 1.2 miles along the river. This parcel includes land leading up to the Jersey barriers on Williamsville Road, providing an alternative entry if current access to the town path off Depot Road becomes impassable. The parcel also includes the “family beach” and what many refer to as the “third beach” at a bend in the river near where the path meets a stairway.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.
Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.