We’re open for Winter Season starting Friday December 15! Join us for a relaxing holiday time!
Enjoy the upcoming Winter Holiday Season with the warm camaraderie and connection of a houseful of happy new and returning guests enjoying the hot tub, relaxing by the fire, getting a massage – and conditions permitting – snowshoeing on our recreation trails! You’ll return home energized, renewed and relaxed following your time detached from the outside world at Frog Meadow’s 63 acres of private paradise exclusively for men!
Early Season Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding only 15 Miles Away!
The Winter ski & snowboard season has started off with a bang as winter came early this year, thanks to a new snowmaking system at Mount Snow, only 15 miles from Frog Meadow. Following the December 12 snowstorm and resulting 15 INCHES OF NEW SNOW, Mount Snow is has 37 trails of top-to-bottom skiing and riding across 3 mountain faces offering guests 288+ acres to explore (including Mt. Snow’s North Face!) and more opening daily! Get a taste of what opening day looked like by clicking on the video above!
WOW!! The Flying Nut Express! Celebrate the holidays with a Circus performance at the new NECCA facility! December 15-17
The New England Center for Circus Arts (NECCA) has presented their annual reimagining of the classic Nutcracker since 2009. This year marks the 8th annual extravaganza and the first production in NECCA’s new custom-built circus facility promises to be a high flying celebration of holiday circus joy!
The annual production is an unforgettable evening of high-flying aerials, stunning acrobatics and astonishing feats of the human body featuring performers from NECCA’s youth performance troupes and adult professional programs, with special guest artists in character roles. This year, the new building will be an added feature with a trampoline and tramp wall act that have never before been seen at NECCA as well as German wheel, aerial silks, contortion, trapeze and unicycling!
The Flying Nut Express offers 5 shows only, December 15-17 in Brattleboro at the school’s new building at 10 Town Crier Drive.
Special guest performers are Ernesto Lea Place and Caitlin Quinn, professional ballet dancers turned aerial straps artists who will grace the stage with top-flight aerials alongside their stunning dance moves. Quinn hails from Georgia and won a spot in the NY finals of the Youth American Grand Prix in dance. Lea Place is originally from Buenos Aires and alongside his solo work has paired with Quinn for a professional career that included Nashville Ballet, Minnesota Ballet, Ballet San Antonio and Fort Wayne Ballet.
This year’s contemporary re-imagining of the classic Nutcracker story experiences a circus of mix ups in a fun for the whole family adventure! A holiday sleepover turns into a trip to the North Pole on the Circus Express and favorite holiday characters join the shenanigans to share in the gift of giving. This is definitely not your usual Nutcracker!
Tickets $10-$25 available online at www.necenterforcircusarts.org.
Fabulous Holiday Dining!
- We are fortunate to have a couple of excellent farm-to-table style restaurants within 2-3 miles of Frog Meadow that always have special festive holiday menus, the Artisan Restaurant at the Four Columns Inn and the Williamsville Eatery.
- Additionally, there are several additional restaurants, 3 microbreweries, a distillery, as well as lots of “first night” activities 12 miles south in nearby – and very Gay-Friendly Brattleboro!
The Artisan Restaurant at the Four Columns Inn will be serving their Christmas Day Dinner from 2pm to 5pm; $60 per person inclusive of tax; reservations are required and can be made by us at the time of your reservation booking.
- CHESTNUT BISQUE: Pancetta, Truffle Crème Fraiche
- HEIRLOOM APPLE WALDORF SALAD: Spiced walnuts, Grapes, Celery
- PRIME RIB: Garlicky escarole, whipped potatoes, gremolata, au jus
- FOWL MOUNTAIN FARM PHEASANT: Cider braised leg, pan roasted breast, parsnip puree, brussel sprouts, blackberry gastrique
- FAROE ISLAND SALMON: Pecan crusted, roasted beets, swiss chard, orange glaze
- WILD MUSHROOM FARROTTO: Butternut squash, pomegranate, Parish Hill Reverie cheese
- DATE PUDDING: Dark Rum caramel, crème anglaise
- CHOCOLATE PAN PEPATO: Fresh orange, vanilla bean whipped cream
The Artisan Restaurant at the Four Columns Inn will be serving their New Year’s Eve Dinner at 6pm and 9pm; $70 per person inclusive of tax; reservations are required and can be made by us at the time of your reservation booking. Stay tuned for details about their 2018 menu, to be posted shortly!
- CHESTNUT BISQUE: Seared bay scallops, crispy prosciutto, truffle mascarpone
- OYSTERS & CAVIAR: Oysters on the half shell, salmon roe, champagne-tangerine ice
- WILD MUSHROOM TART: Crispy leeks, Parish Hill Hermit fonduta, Belgian endive and watercress salad, date vinegar glaze
- PAN ROASTED QUAIL: Smoked sausage & corn bread stuffing, roasted apples and delicata squash, maple apple butter
- FILET MIGNON: Foie Gras butter, spinach, whipped potatoes, red wine demi-glace
- BOUILLABAISSE: Lobster, scallops and mussels, tomato saffron broth, pernod, rouille toast
- TORTELLI DI ZUCCA: Squash and mascarpone filled pasta, brown butter sage sauce, pomegranate, Parish Hill Reverie cheese, fresh shaved black truffles
- PROFITEROLES: White chocolate kumquat mousse, raspberry curd
- BLACKBERRY CHAMPAGNE GELEE: Orange blossom meringue, mango sorbet, blackberry coulis, honeyed almonds
The Willaimsville Eatery will be serving their New Year’s Eve Dinner (2017 menu is shown below) throughout the evening; $60 per person for 4 courses; $50 per person for 3 courses, (includes a complimentary glass of prosecco); reservations are required and can be made by us at the time of your reservation booking.
- ROASTED PEAR SALAD: Maple-ginger roasted Anjou pears, Boucher Farm’s “Gore-DawnZola” cheese, fennel salami, mesclun mix, maple-ginger vinaigrette, pomegranate seeds
- KALE SALAD: Massaged local kale, roasted delicata squash, toasted almonds, Vermont chèvre, cranberry vinaigrette
- CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP: Eatery-grown organic pumpkin, Dutton Farm apples, mild ancho chilies, house vegetable stock, finished with pepitas and Vermont Creamery’s mascarpone
- BURRATA: Maplebrook Farm’s fresh burrata, roasted organic beet and tarragon purée, organic polenta spears, fresh fennel, ground sumac
- MUSSELLS: Wild Maine blues, cooked in white wine and herbed tomato relish broth, served with house-made focaccia spears
- RAVIOLI: Riversong Farm pork and house-made fresh ricotta, house-made pasta, wild Williamsville nettle pesto, focaccia breadcrumbs
- SCALLOPS: Pan seared scallops, Grana Padano-herbed farro, lightly wilted bok choy, toasted sliced almonds, minced bell pepper, finished with ginger-lime butter
- BRAISED RABBIT: Locally raised rabbit braised in hard cider, shallots and herbs, served over creamy, organic soft polenta, house-made fresh ricotta, pomegranate glazed, wood-roasted brussel sprouts, crispy prosciutto
- MUSHROOMS & ROOTS: Local vegetables and Gruyère cheese gratin, baked in our wood-fired oven, served with organic white beans and sage, Eatery-foraged wild mushrooms, wild Williamsville nettle pesto, charred lemon
- PORTERHOUSE STEAK: 28-day dry-aged porterhouse steak from Adams Farm in Wilmington, Williamsville-grown whipped sunchokes, wood-roasted balsamic broccoli rabe, paprika herb butter
- DARK & STORMY: Dark chocolate, ginger, and rum panna cotta, topped with bruleed meringue
- OLDFASHIONED: Sweet and sour cherry bourbon pie, with a dollop of whipped Cointreau mascarpone
- EATERY DESSERT BITES: A trio of pomogranite-ginger-chocolate bark, tiramisu cubes and almond-anise biscotti
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.
Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.