Start the new year by setting clear intentions for yourself with the gift of nourishing touch! You’ll connect with other men who enjoy massage and share the desire to learn massage skills and new ways to express themselves with touch. This expanded 3-day massage program gives you time to go more deeply into the wonderful world of touch and allows more time to practice what has been learned. The relaxed pace also allows for creating deeper connections with the other men!
Workshop-in-a-nutshell: Each day begins with Taoist Movement, followed Dave’s delicious home-cooked breakfast followed by Massage Skills Class and Awareness Training. Lunch break and hot-tub time, hike/snowshoe, explore, relax in the gorgeous Winter setting in the Vermont hills! Afternoon Massage Skills and Review Class followed by more hot tub and Dave’s farm-to-table unparalleled dinner. Evening discussions and reviews of material covered. Frog Meadow’s amenities and unique setting offers a truly unique retreat experience in an intimate setting geared to pamper, energize and relax you. Great for singles and couples! You’ll take home valuable skills and a sense of community with your co-participants!
In the spirit of continued exploration into men’s intimacy using tantra as a guide for touch, we will concentrate on the energy of men’s eros relating to manifesting more compassion and connection among us and in the world. Our world needs us…our community can provide this!
Like most men, we all would like to feel more confident and relaxed about giving massage to a partner, a friend or a date.
But where do you start?
Join us for a 3-day Heart-Centered Touch Massage Retreat with Adam Brown and explore the joys of learning compassionate touch in fun & easy-to-practice ways – crafted for the non-professional, “massage-curious” man!
- You’ll learn – and take home – therapeutic and relaxing massage skills and gain confidence in ways to effectively and easily share touch with other men!
- You’ll learn how to communicate what kind of touch works for you and how to best express that need to ensure that you get it!
- You’ll have lots of time to practice giving and receiving sensual and healing touch – and make connections with a great bunch of guys!
- You’ll learn ways of creating and maintaining deeper connections with men and finding out we all want the same thing!
- You’ll return home more centered, focused, relaxed – and with a renewed outlook!
We’ll start each workshop session with Taoist Yoga Practice called Chi Gong which helps us develop more sensitivity to energy flow in our bodies. In Tantric Massage practices, Eros is not suppressed but amplified to heighten our awareness and our experience of bliss and ecstasy. Tantric and Taoist Meditation practices will round out the retreat. These are some of the extras you can expect at this all-new three-day Heart-Centered Touch program at Frog Meadow.
Throughout this all-inclusive men’s retreat you’ll learn massage skills and different ways to immediately use those skills. Most of all, we delight in the exploration and in the discovery that touch, sensuality and erotic expression are powerful and enjoyable ways to be alive! In exploring the basic principles of Tantra, we discover that pleasure is a valid and true path toward joy and spiritual attunement!
All of us at the retreat form a tribe of heart-centered men, committed to each other’s growth and well-being. We set intentions for ourselves and are supported by the group in doing it. Our time together is a gift exchange. No prior experience with massage is necessary.
The $850 tuition for the Heart-Centered Massage Retreat
is all-inclusive and includes all program fees & activities,
3 night’s lodging, home-cooked “from-scratch” meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 3 dinners),
exclusive use of the property & amenities at Frog Meadow.
See “Retreat Rates & Registration” &
“Important Information” below for full details!
The Heart-Centered Touch massage retreat is ideal for couples wanting to add compassionate, sensual touch to their relationships, or singles seeking to connect with men in new ways. Throughout the long weekend we will rotate partners so that everyone will have the opportunity to work with each other, both giving & receiving touch. The unique format of this all-inclusive retreat will allow plenty of time for all participants to practice and to relax and get acquainted.
We don’t care if you are young or old, straight or gay, black or white, sculpted or sagging. Our massage workshops are open to all kinds of men: younger…older…buff…and not so buff….we always get a mix. The idea is to be open to all types of men with the common thread being the desire to learn and share the experience of male touch. We take pride in our respectful, supportive, and friendly atmosphere. We are refreshingly free of “attitude”.
? What is Heart-Centered Touch with Adam Brown ?
Heart-Centered Touch Workshops are hands-on, clothes-off sessions of connecting with other men through touch and by sharing our lives with one another. Exercises and structures of using touch are crafted for each workshop group and gives you a unique opportunity to explore your personal challenges and bring out your intuitive gifts of touch. Deeper ways to connect are explored as you’ll live closely in an intimate, safe environment for a number of days. The focus is to increase awareness, compassion and listening skills – using our hands, ears and hearts. In paying close attention to each other, we have the chance to increase intimacy; make shifts in how we approach challenges and open ourselves to gaining new perspectives in life.
Massage skills are introduced daily in sessions that allow you to apply what you are learning immediately in a hands-on manner. We also have the opportunity to explore eros as a creative and healing force. The Heart Centered Touch model is one of growing and evolving through pleasure, not pressure. This leads to a higher level of functioning, to more joy and to more authentic expression – by nourishing each other with touch, affection and understanding!
Men touch men in nourishing ways when we pay attention to each other. When we listen to each other. When we are fully present for the other and not thinking only of ourselves. We create a safe bonding space for men where we are free to voice our needs, our losses and our fears without judgment. When we accept each other more fully, we have chance to accept ourselves unconditionally!
We learn that letting go into the hands of another man is an expression of strength, not weakness. We can relax when we ask for help and compassion – knowing we are all human beings doing the very best we can do. The touch exchange becomes a dance, a shared gift – a powerful and empowering feedback loop that feeds everyone in the group experience with loving energy!
Please join us! The retreat is limited to 12 men. No prior experience with massage is necessary, and the retreat is open to both singles and couples. See below for complete details, rates and to register!
About the Retreat Facilitator:
Adam Brown is a bodyworker and acupuncturist in New York City. His 20+ years of private client work and his Taoist training have created a practice that merges his personal and his professional practice into his life’s work. For the last five years, Adam has been leading a weekly massage group for men in New York City called Heart Centered Touch for Men. He leads workshops and retreats all over the country focused on empowering men by helping them to be more fully embodied.
Adam facilitates frequent men’s massage retreats at Frog Meadow. Adam is wonderful & talented guy as well as a warm & engaging facilitator. Many of his retreat participants have returned multiple times to freshen and enhance what they have initially learned and to share it with others!
Retreat Rates & Registration
The rate for the 3-day, all-inclusive Heart-Centered Touch Retreat is $850 per-person (plus $60.75 VT rooms & meals tax) and includes program tuition, Friday, Saturday & Sunday lodging, Friday, Saturday & Sunday dinners, Saturday, Sunday & Monday breakfast, lunches & snacks, as well as full use of the amenities at Frog Meadow including 63-acre nature trail network, gym & wood-fired hot tub. Retreat Rates are per-person, double-occupancy (2 per room except for Deluxe Barn Suite which is Quad occupancy).
Note that due to the popularity of Adam Brown’s Heart-Centered Touch workshops, we expect this program to fully book up in advance, so if you’re interested please contact us by phone (802.365.7242) or book online using our website’s availability calendar, select the dates of January 12-14 and the workshop will appear as a booking option. Select the appropriate option (booking for one or two persons) and you will be guided through the booking process.
Choose from five different room options: Room allocation will be made in the order of registration (first come, first-served), so be sure to register early to ensure your room preference! Click here for specific room descriptions, amenities and images
|Room Options||Occupancy||Bed Size||Bathroom||Status|
|Frog Meadow Suite||Double||King||private||Booked|
|Deluxe Barn Suite||Quad||Queen (2)||private||Available!|
|North Room||Double||King||shared||1 Booked
Retreat Start/End Times
- Friday Jaunary 12: Arrive anytime after 4PM; Welcome Reception, Opening Circle & Dinner begin at 6PM
- Monday January 15: Closing Circle & Lunch conclude at 2PM
Two ways to register:
- Book by Phone: Refer to the table above for room amenities and availability. Call 877.365.7242 and we will gladly book your reservation by phone and answer any questions you may have.
- Book Online: Refer to the table above for room availability and amenities. Using our Online Availability Calendar, select the available room of your choice for the nights of May 12-14, 2017. You will then be guided through the registration process for the Heart-Centered Touch Retreat. Choose from and select the appropriate package for either one or two persons.
- At the time of your registration, your credit/debit card (mastercard or visa) will be charged $455.38 (50% of the Program Rate plus VT tax); the remaining balance will be charged to the card on file six weeks prior to the scheduled retreat date.
- Rates are per-person, double occupancy (2 per room except for Deluxe Barn Suite which is Quad occupancy), and do not include 9% VT lodging tax. Single participants will be paired up with other singles on a first come, first served basis, based on room availability.
- Enrollment is limited to 12 participants and room allocation will be made in the order of registration (first come, first-served), so be sure to register early to ensure your room preference. Click here for specific room descriptions, amenities and images.
- Arrive anytime after 4.00 PM on Friday; the retreat will begin at 6.00 PM with a welcome reception, opening circle and dinner buffet
- The retreat will end at approximately 2.00 PM on Sunday, following a closing circle and lunch.
- Please let us know at time of registration if you have any special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Frog Meadow does not have a liquor license. Please feel free to bring an adult beverage of your choice to enjoy with your evening meal, or we will coordinate pickup nearby on your behalf.
- Cancellations: For cancellations more than six weeks prior to the retreat, all fees will be refunded, less a 15% administration charge. For cancellations after that time, no fees will be refunded unless a replacement participant is found (and will be subject to a 15% administration charge).
- Supplemental Lodging & Massages: You may book additional lodging nights preceding or following the workshop to maximally relax before the workshop, or decompress and integrate what you have learned afterwards, to schedule a 60 or 90-minute massage, and to fully experience Frog Meadow’s restorative tranquility.
- Waiting List: In the event of a cancellation, we will keep a waiting list prioritized in a first-come, first-served basis and will contact you should a participant need to cancel.
If you have any questions about Frog Meadow click here.
Travelling to Frog Meadow
- Frog Meadow is located off Interstate 91 in southeast Vermont, approximately 10 miles north of Brattleboro VT. At the time of your registration we will provide detailed directions do reach us.
- We are approximately 2.5 hours from Boston and 4 hours from New York City.
- The closest airports are Hartford (Bradley) and Boston (Logan).
- There is daily Amtrak train service to nearby Brattleboro from NYC Penn Station, Newark NY, Philadelphia and Washington DC. If you arrive via Amtrak we will gladly coordinate your transfers to/from Frog Meadow.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.