Join us for our 7th Annual Men’s Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoe weekend…XC-skiing and snowshoeing, making new friends & picking up new skills! It’s always a good time and it’s a great way to learn how to XC-Ski and snowshoeing….there’s also tubing & fat-tire snow cycling to add to the fun!
This event is posted in association with Gay Outdoors (GO) – the world’s largest outdoors/sports club – and all are welcome to participate! We ask that all participants register for the ride at the GO site to facilitate easy pre-ride communication. Please click on this link to register. Gay Outdoors is a great way to meet like-minded “outdoorzy” guys. Basic membership in GO is free and has many benefits.
Wine & Cheese Welcome Gathering! We will kickoff the weekend on Friday evening with a wine & cheese welcome and social hour. Based on everyone’s arrival time there may be an (optional) informal pizza party.
Delicious Full Country Breakfasts! Saturday & Sunday mornings will start the day with a hearty, full country breakfast.
Cross Country Skiing at Grafton Trails Outdoor Center We have coordinated with nearby Grafton Trails Outdoor Center for discounts for equipment rentals, trail passes and lessons. They have over 15K of groomed trails, snowmaking and additional back-country trails! Grafton Trails has some of the best Cross-Country Skiing in southern Vermont! There’s also tubing at Grafton Trails and you can try out one of their cool new fat-tire snow-bikes!
Snowshoeing on Frog Meadow’s 63-acre recreation trail network There will be morning and afternoon guided snowshoe tours of Frog Meadow’s 63-acre recreation network, including a visit and photo op at the Brokeback Cabin! We have snowshoes on-hand at Frog Meadow available for complimentary guest use!
Lodging Frog Meadow has 5 separate rooms with a total of 3 queen-size and 3 king-size beds, so the event is limited to a maximum of 14 (including hosts Scott & Dave). Our special GO price is based on double occupancy (two people sharing a queen- or king-size bed). Note that a single occupancy option my be available, see below.
Apres-Ski Wood-Fired Hot Tub & relaxing by the warmth of the wood stove! Frog Meadow’s wood-fired hot tub will be operating throughout the weekend and in the evening there will be a cozy fire in the wood stove of Frog Meadow’s Great Room, a comfy place to recap the day’s events and enjoy the company of others.
Saturday Night Home-Cooked Dinner We’ll gather for a fun, family-style dinner prepared by Dave from scratch.
BYOB Frog Meadow does not have a liquor license so bring along your favorite beverages for Friday & Saturday nights.
Massage Dave will be available during the weekend for massage appointments. Rates are $110 for 60 minutes.
- Rates: The rate of $385 per person (plus 9% VT rooms & meals tax) includes 2 nights lodging with full country breakfast each morning, dinner Saturday night and full access to the amenities at Frog Meadow from Friday arrival through Sunday departure. This package price is based on double occupancy (two people per queen or king-size bed).
- Single Supplement: A single occupancy option may be available for $585 for those who snore or would prefer not to share a bed/room (the single GO Paid member price is $465). 50% of the amount is due at the time of reservation; the balance is due 6 weeks prior to the event.
- Waiting List: In the event of a cancellation, we will keep a waiting list prioritized in a first-come, first-served basis and will contact you should a participant need to cancel.
- Cancellations: For cancellations more than six weeks prior to the retreat, all fees will be refunded, less a 15% of total program fee administration charge. For cancellations after that time, no fees will be refunded unless a replacement participant is found (and will be subject to a 15% administration charge).
Choose from five different room options (Click here for specific room descriptions, amenities and images):
|Room Options||Occupancy||Bed Size||Bathroom||Status|
|Frog Meadow Suite||Double||King||private||Available!|
|Deluxe Barn Suite||Quad||Queen (2)||private||Available!|
Two Ways to Book your Reservation:
- Book by Phone: Refer to the table above for room amenities and availability. Call 877.365.7242 and we will gladly book your reservation by phone and answer any questions you may have. 50% of the reservation amount is due at the time of reservation; the balance will be charged six weeks prior to the event.
- Book Online: Refer to the table above for room availability and amenities. Using the link below, select the available room of your choice for the nights of February 22-23, 2019. You will then be guided through the booking process for the GET-FIT Men’s Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe Weekend. Choose from and select the appropriate package for either one or two persons. 50% of the reservation amount is due at the time of reservation; the balance will be charged 6 weeks prior to the event.
Note that Gay Outdoors (GO) “paid” members are eligible for a 10% discount, a savings of $38! Annual membership to GO is $25 and has many benefits! Simply click here for more info and to join.
Travelling to Frog Meadow:
- Frog Meadow is located off Interstate 91 in southeast Vermont, approximately 10 miles north of Brattleboro VT. At the time of your registration we will provide detailed directions do reach us.
- We are approximately 2.5 hours from Boston and 4 hours from New York City.
- The closest airports are Hartford (Bradley) and Boston (Logan).
- There is daily Amtrak train service to nearby Brattleboro from NYC Penn Station, Newark NY, Philadelphia and Washington DC. Enterprise or Avis will pick you up at the train station & coordinate your car rental.
Frog Meadow Farm Bed & Breakfast and Massage Oasis for Men is a welcoming, non-judgmental place for men of all colors and backgrounds to unwind and shed the trappings of busy modern life.
Situated on 63 beautiful & private acres, Frog Meadow frequently hosts men’s gatherings, workshops and retreats. Hosts Dave & Scott are committed to providing a welcoming environment to re-connect with nature and yourself.